I think I’ll go for a walk…
I treated myself with my first real track workout since I was on a track team. While I am most certainly not dead yet, and even feel happy, it’s my own little memento mori that I can say I haven’t tried this in 25 years.
- One warmup lap around the track (quarter-mile)
- Simple hurdle drills (mostly trailing-leg over for a few hurdles worth)
- Practice short hurdle sprints (four hurdles), moderately hard and working on remembering form – about 6-10 reps.
- Half-length (55m) hurdle sprints – 4 reps?
- Two-lap (half-mile) cooldown run
Not a monster workout, but enough. Even though I had the hurdles set low and I’m only five-stepping them, it felt pretty good. My daughter wants to know when I will put the hurdles up to Olympic height and three-step them. I have no idea when (or if) that is going to happen, but it feels like something I still could do if I would just invest in some practice and conditioning.
In my copious free time, of course.